The new era of robotic co-workers is here. YuMi® is the result of years of research and development, making collaboration between humans and robots a reality, but it is also much more.
ABB has developed a collaborative, dual arm, small parts assembly robot solution that includes flexible hands, parts feeding systems, camera-based part location and state-of-the-art robot control. YuMi is a vision of the future. YuMi will change the way we think about assembly automation. YuMi is “you and me”, working together to create endless possibilities.
Innovative human – friendly dual arm robot with breakthrough functionality designed to unlock vast global additional automation potential in industry. YuMi® is designed for a new era of automation, for example in small parts assembly, where people and robots work side-by-side on the same tasks. Safety is built into the functionality of the robot itself. YuMi® removes the barriers to collaboration by making fencing and cages a thing of the past.
- Can operates equally effectively side-by-side or face-to-face with human coworkers.
- Servo grippers (the “hands”) include options for built-in cameras.
- Real-time algorithms set a collision-free path for each arm customized for the required task.
- Padding protects coworkers in high-risk areas by absorbing force if contact is made.
- If the robot encounters an unexpected object – even a slight contact with a coworker – it can pause its motion within milliseconds, and the motion can be restarted again as easily as pressing play on a remote control.
- Pinch points have been eliminated or minimized to an acceptable level between moving parts, and between moving and stationary parts.
- Weighs: 38kg
- Payload: 500g
- Reach: 500mm
- Axis Movement: Range (Effective Speed)
- Axis 1 rotation: -168.5° to 168.5° (180°/s)
- Axis 2 arm: -143.5° to 43.5° (180°/s)
- Axis 3 arm: -123.5° to 80.0° (180°/s)
- Axis 4 wrist: -290.0° to 290.0° (400°/s)
- Axis 5 bend: -88.0° to 138.0° (400°/s)
- Axis 6 turn: -229.0° to 229.0° (400°/s)
- Axis 7 rotation: -168.5° to 168.5° (180°/s)