Verisurf works closely with our customers to define needs, identify solutions, implement technology and maintain systems that automate manufacturing.
Our open system strategy maximizes CAD and metrology interoperability empowering our experts to help customers choose the best technology for their application and budget.
CAD – Built on today’s most powerful, robust CAD system
- Verisurf CAD reads all native CAD file formats including IGES, STEP, CATIA, Unigraphics/NX, Pro-E, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, AutoCAD, AutoDesk Inventor, and numerous others. This flexibility means that you can easily work with any CAD model – solid, surface or wireframe.
- A fundamentally important component of the CAD-based platform, Verisurf Model-based Definition (MBD) lets users set unique IDs, tolerances and GD&T in the model for any surface, feature or other critical inspection item.
- Verisurf CAD also includes the proprietary Verisurf Device Interface (VDI). This powerful interface connects and controls virtually all measuring devices, including stationary and portable CMMs, laser trackers and scanners, and many others. With the VDI, you can effortlessly select and control your chosen device. All devices have a common user interface.
Measure – The metrology tool for feature-based part inspection
- Interfacing in real-time with any measuring device including stationary and portable CMMs, laser trackers and scanners, and various others, Measure lets you easily measure features from precise single points to point clouds. Set unique GD&T constraints, see the device graphically displayed on your screen, plus smart tools automatically recognize and display features while you are measuring.
- For enhanced accuracy and ease of use, Verisurf Measure also includes FeatureAlign and AutoAlign. Use FeatureAlign to align the part to the device based on measured features and datums. Use AutoAlign to align the device directly to the CAD model. These new, innovative features allow you to store alignment schemes and automate inspection routines to guide the device through inspection. Plus, you can easily create intuitive, visual HTML or Excel-based inspection reports.
Analysis – A robust, controlled offline solution for comparing inspection data to the nominal CAD model
- Whether it is from CATIA, UG, Pro-E, SolidWorks or another CAD system, Verisurf Analysis lets you import the nominal CAD model and compare it against both internal and vendor inspection data. Analyze points-to-points, points-to-curves, points-to-surfaces or points-to-meshes and instantly generate deviation reports.
- Customizable “best-fit” capabilities innovatively determine the optimal fit between the data and the model. For reporting, Verisurf Analysis generates Excel-based text and HTML-based color reports, including color deviation mapping for clear, practical analysis.
Build – Real-time, model-based inspection and assembly
- Known as the Virtual Gage, Verisurf Build displays deviation with the probe’s movement as you inspect the part in relation to the nominal CAD model. After quick alignment to the CAD model, simply measure error in the manufactured part with Build’s live, intuitive interface. Literally see part-to-model deviations, coordinates and assigned IDs all in real-time during inspection.
Reverse – Powerful, versatile reverse engineering software
- Re-engineer CAD surfaces, use AutoSurface to reverse engineer complex surfaces or use mixed modeling to blend STL meshes, surfaces and solids in one design. Working with measured data from any measuring device, Verisurf Reverse automatically creates surfaces, features and planar, grid or radial cross sections on machined parts to create precise CAD models.
- Leveraging advanced tools, Verisurf Reverse creates and custom-fits lines, arcs, splines, planes, spheres, cylinders, freeform surfaces and more. Providing a fully integrated, comprehensive solution, Reverse also creates meshes from point clouds in the form of an STL file for surface analysis or future tooling and machining.
Automate – Fast, easy CMM programming and operation
- Verisurf AUTOMATE programs and operates CMMs faster, easier and at a lower cost. It is built on a 3D CAD measurement platform that automates all types and brands of coordinate measuring machines with an intuitive 3D experience, visual object oriented programming and open standards that increase freedom of choice while reducing costs.