We know that educators need something that is accessible enough for a new user to pick up quickly, engaging enough to keep students excited, and versatile enough to encourage creative thinking.
The study of robotics has risen to the top as one of the most effective solutions to this need – and for over ten years, no robotics platform has proven more suitable for classroom use than VEX EDR.
VEX EDR is more than an integrated system of motors, wheels, metal, and sensors that can be used to build or program robots. It’s an established classroom companion for STEM learning in middle and high school. It’s a tool to help students understand crucial problem-solving concepts. It’s a catalyst to help students discover a passion that could continue to drive them through college, a career, or even the rest of their life.
The VEX EDR platform was designed from the ground up to encourage creativity in problem solving. The system itself should never be the biggest constraint in the design process – with VEX, there is almost always more than one way to accomplish the same goal. All of our products are built around each other to ensure seamless integration without frustration.
- VEX’s integrated system of components means that students can focus on questions like “what happens if we change this arm?” instead of “why doesn’t this piece fit?”
- Beginners can get an immediate sense of accomplishment by building basic driveable robots in just a few hours.
- By utilizing feedback from the students and teachers that use VEX every day, we embrace the value of “continuous improvement” and have developed a system truly driven by its users.
VEX classes aren’t solely meant to train future roboticists. They’re designed to provide a framework for teaching everything from engineering and computer science to life skills like teamwork, project management, and critical thinking.
- All curriculum options are mapped to local and national education standards.
- Hands-on, project based lessons teach classic STEM fundamentals in a new, engaging manner.
- Building a robot is so much fun, students will start learning without even realizing it!
Watch STEM come alive through competition! The world’s largest and fastest-growing educational robotics competition is the perfect opportunity to apply classroom learning in a thrilling environment.
- Teams of students design, build, and code robots each year to play a brand-new game.
- Thousands of competition events held annually in all 50 US states and over 40 countries.
- Applying basic STEM concepts to a competitive atmosphere increases student engagement and makes lessons feel more “real”.