Elementary and middle school is the most formative time in a young student’s life. The best way to instill a lifelong interest in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) is to provide a fun, engaging, and hands-on opportunity to explore and experience it for themselves.
By its nature, the study of robotics inherently incorporates all four pillars of STEM. VEX IQ is a snap-together robotics system designed from the ground up to provide this opportunity to future engineers of all skill levels. By packaging advanced concepts into an accessible package, the system also naturally encourages teamwork, problem solving, and leadership for students as young as second grade!
Building your first robot is a snap! Whether outfitting an entire school or just getting started, VEX IQ kit options make it easy to choose what’s right for you.
- Follow step-by-step instructions to build your first robot, then expand upon it to build whatever you can imagine.
- No experience needed to start building!
VEX IQ is an entire system designed for educators Not sure how to implement robotics in your classroom? Try starting with one of our FREE curriculum options.
- All curriculum options are mapped to national education standards.
- Hands-on, project based lessons teach the engineering process in a uniquely engaging way.
- Flexible lesson plans can be adapted to meet the level of students’ abilities.
Each kit includes graphical step-by-step build instructions to help students build their first robot. All kits are also structured around the VEX IQ Curriculum to ensure seamless integration into a STEM classroom.
VEX IQ serves as a great springboard into the VEX EDR platform as students grow older. The build fundamentals and programming styles apply to both programs, so lessons introduced while participating in VEX IQ continue to be relevant in VEX EDR and beyond.